Everyone chases after happiness, not noticing that happiness is right at their heels. 

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Surf





I never thought I would ever learn and even enjoy surfing for real.  It looks so difficult and something I would never get the chance to try in my life.  But I guess the cliche is true never say never.

This Saturday was one of my best beach trips ever.  Thanks to Emma of the UOD for organizing a surfing event!

We left La Brea at past 8:45 am and took the bus down to Santa Monica beach.  After a long and smelly bus ride we finally made it the the beach. Such a beautiful beach!!  Simply breathtaking.

  We were divided into four batches, everyone had their instructor! 

Let me tell you learning how to surf is really fun! Paddle and POP

As the instructors were looking to see how we paddle and POP my SUPER instructor decided that he would use ME as the demo for everyone! Here is what I thought. ' Oh, okay sure let me just move my board around and I guess he wants me to demonstrate" NO I COULDN'T BE MORE WRONG. The instructor run's off with my board into the freezing cold water and starts calling my name 'JESSY COME ON"

Im thinking at this point ARE YOU KDDING ME

So I walk to the water dip my little toe in and look back to the group "its freezing" hehe. I jump on the board go out into the ocean and start paddling.

On my first try, I successfully made it up on my board! I was so happy! I didnt stay on for to long, but I had a really big smile on my face when i came back up from underneath the water!







No comments:

Post a Comment